1- WHAT IS THE AIM OF THE PROGRAM?
The aim of the program is to offer graduate capable of providing excellent medical service through integrated knowledge of basic and clinical sciences,
intellectual skills such as analysis and reflection, problem solving and clinical reasoning,
systematic approach for diagnosis, management and prevention of diseases and prepar medical graduates for lifelong learning.
2- WHEN WAS THE PROGRAM LAUNCHED?
The program was launched at the beginning of the academic year 2006-2007 according to the agreement signed with the University of Manchester and the approval of the Minister of Higher Education No. 2293 on 8/9/2006.The program adopts the curriculum of the University of
Manchester under the supervision and training of the English side while teaching and evaluation by the Egyptian side.
3- WHAT IS THE PROGRAMME CRITERIA?
- Teaching methods in the program depends on problem solving which is considered as one of the modern methods in studying medicine. The student has an important and effective role in the educational process and in searching for medical information. The program is based on teaching in small groups and uses modern methods of teaching and evaluation.
- The programme is designed in the form of modules: with integration at horizontal and vertical levels.
- Hospital visits in phase 1 and training in phase 2, in the form of clinical firms (groups of 10 -15 students).
- Methods of assessment in the programme: The programme adopts objective methods of assessment both in formative (20%) and in summative (80%) assessment.
4- HOW LONG IS THE STUDY DURATION?
- The duration of the program is ten semesters divided in two stages:
- The first stage: from the first semester to the fourth semester
- The second stage: from the fifth semester to the tenth semester
- In other words, the ten semesters are divided into five levels, each with two semesters and a total of five years of study
5- WHAT IS THE PROGRAM ATTENDANCE RULE?
The study of the program requires regularity and the presence of students to follow the theoretical, practical and clinical lessons.
student are deprived to enter the examinations if the absence exceeds more than 30% of the prescribed lessons
6- WHAT IS THE LANGUAGE OF STUDY IN THE PROGRAM?
English is the language of study in the program and there are no conditions for its proficiency.
The program is characterized by the diversity of the nationalities of students from Egyptians, Arabs and foreigners.
The members of the teaching staff and their assistants cooperate with the students to facilitate the process of learning without difficulties
7- WHAT IS THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF REPETITIONS IN EACH SCHOOL YEAR?
- First year students: two academic years
- Second year students: maximum three academic years
- Third and subsequent students: Maximum five academic years (one year as new and four years remaining)